The number one reason people have crooked teeth in the first place is because of genetic factors.
A lot of people have some serious bite issues and there are even cases where people have a small mouth with too many teeth!
A lot of times once the baby teeth have fallen out, people find that their adult teeth will come out in all sorts of awkward ways. One crossing another etc in the most odd ways.
The bottom teeth of some people are sometimes just terrible. Completely crooked with the alignment all over the place. These are of course some of the common reasons why patients get orthodontic treatment in the first place.
It can often times be really hard to get braces (like the ones found at smilesbykesa.com) when you’re a teen because not only are you going to have to walk around school among your peers with a bunch of wire in your mouth but you will also likely be going through a case of acne!
Nonetheless the vast majority of people get braces when they are in their teens, and after a few short years they walk away with a set of perfect teeth.
However some kids grow up having to go through orthodontic treatment again.
Why you might ask? Well, the most common reason is that once treatment was finished your orthodontist will have given you retainers that you are meant to wear every single night for the rest of your life. If you don’t wear them then your teeth will slowly shift back to how they were, hence the reason why you need to get braces again!
The truth is that a lot of adults out there, especially the women get a little panicked at the thought of having to wear braces as an adult. Women feel that wearing braces will just make them unattractive.
They feel that no guy is going to want to approach and talk to them now that they have metal running through their mouths.
But believe me, these thoughts are mostly in your head because the reality is that the vast majority of people just don’t care!
To help you survive the whole experience of wearing braces as an adult here are some tips that will help you a lot…
1. Simply pretend like you don’t even have braces on. Just go about your day feeling like you already have that perfect smile! Do this and believe me you will feel absolutely amazing about yourself and won’t even give a second thought to the fact that you’re wearing braces.
Don’t be one of those people who spend hours in front of the mirror every morning, crying about the fact that you have braces on.
If you obsess and start to constantly think about your braces too much you will literally start to hate yourself and become the kind of person that no one wants to be around.
2. Never be the first to mention your braces. Rather just carry on with people as normal and allow them to make the first comment. If you feel like someone you’re talking to is constantly look at your braces without saying anything then just let them.
Believe me, wearing braces as an adult is far more common than you think, so don’t feel like you have to explain yourself to every new person that you meet.
You will note over time that the vast majority of people that you come across will be very polite about it and be more intrigued about the cost rather than anything else!
3. Make sure you have a toothbrush with you no matter where you are. Now that you have braces it is going to be extremely important that you have a toothbrush with you at all times!
You never know when you are going to have to eat out which means that you will get food stuck in your braces. This is just a simple fact of life. You want to be ready so that if need be you can quickly run to the toilet and brush your teeth.
4. Interested in someone, then be the one to make the first move. While it can be hard to do this know that it is definitely going to be worth it!
Don’t let the fact that you have braces ruin you from enjoying life and living it to the full!
Take this opportunity to develop your self confidence and approach new people… you never know when you will meet a new life long friend!
5. Trust me, those that are worth knowing won’t even care about the fact that you have braces on. People who do mind are the ones that you are going to want to stay away from.
6. Take your time when you are eating food. You are really going to want to make sure that you are breaking your food down into small pieces before biting into it, otherwise you might end up breaking your braces which will only prolong your treatment!
7. Strut around with confidence! You really want to feel good about yourself at all times, and know that everything that you are going through is going to be worth it in the long run.
Believe me, you never want to allow the braces you are wearing to dictate how you are feeling about yourself because it will only lead to a downward spiral.
8. Once your braces do come off make sure that you take proper care of your teeth. Really focus on following your orthodontists instructions by making sure that you wear your retainers as they are meant to be worn. Braces cost a fortune and you really don’t want to have to wear them more than once!